Education & Qualifications
1. BA, Psychology, University of Missouri-Columbia
2. BA, Sociology, University of Missouri-Columbia
3. MA, Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
4. BSN, Nursing, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
5. MSN, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with specialization in women's health and midwifery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
6. Worked for 6 years as a Nurse Practitioner/ Certified Nurse Midwife & have delivered more babies than I count! :)
7. Certified Herbalist in Women's Health, Aviva Romm, MD program
8. Additional trainings in meditation, mindfulness and Buddhist philosophy from Omega Institute (NY), Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health (MA) and the Esalen Institute (CA).
9. Completed ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases) Training in 2015 at the national conference in Washington, DC
10. Completed ART I with the Dr. Klinghardt Institute. Also completed the week long Healing retreat with Dr. Klinghardt.
11. Certification in Mold Illness with Dr. Jill Crista
My Illness Journey
Hello! My name is Lauren and I am a nurse practitioner and chronic illness/detox specialist. At the age of 27, I became ill suddenly overnight with no answers from western medicine. I was once an extremely active yogi and runner and overnight I became so debilitated that I could barely stand up without feeling faint let alone socialize or do fulfilling things.
After 2 years of searching for a diagnosis, I finally found mold toxicity, EBV, SIBO, lyme disease, POTS, endometriosis, breast implant toxicity, babesia and parasites. I started with heavy duty antibiotics and after getting nowhere, I stopped and started my own journey of getting my life back. My body was overwhelmed and I felt depressed, anxious, and hopeless. Before I knew it, I went from being the medical provider to being the patient and I soon realized that all of my western medical training couldn't help me.
So, I started studying....I got certified with ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society), I received certifications on mold toxicity, I became certified as a women's health herbalist, I read every parasite and heavy metal book that I could find and I trained with Dr. Klinghardt, taking many of his online courses and then finally his in person 10 day conference, and I formulated a total detox plan for myself that would span several years.
Since then, I have been on a quest to help others find their way through detox. In my clinic, I treat the whole person......mind, body and spirit in order to help them find health and wellness again. I serve as a guide and a mentor as YOU find YOUR way back to wellness.
I focus on detoxification, functional medicine, and mind-body medicine and I am committed to lifelong learning.
I am excited you found your way here and I can't wait to work together on your wellness journey.
Lisa Cipkar is a level 2 certified integrative health practitioner, specializing in Lyme disease, POTS, dysautonomia and chronic illness. Her practice is centered around a bio-individual approach to healing because one size does not fit all. She is dedicated to walking alongside her clients as they navigate the overwhelming world of chronic illness, inspired by her own 7 year, 22 doctor, international health battle that led to a diagnosis of Lyme disease. In addition to being partnered with Two Purple Carrots, Lisa strives to create a ripple effect of abundant life for each person she meets.
When she isn't working, you can find her exploring nature, reading, traveling or having a dance party with her son :)